Our Lineup Optimizer is an incredibly powerful tool inside our Player Models, particularly when creating a large number of lineups. However, it’s just that — a tool. We still have to make decisions. Otherwise, everyone would have the same 150 lineups in each contest.
This is intended more as a teaching piece than a step-by-step guide. These rules are suggestions that can show you how to translate your read on this game into lineups.
Additionally, this piece focuses on DraftKings Showdown contests, but similar strategies are useful on FanDuel.
For my general Showdown strategy, you can read my Showdown primer.
My Favorite NFL DFS Angle in Giants-Cowboys Showdown
The Giants head to Dallas without their starting center, left guard, and right tackle, fresh off a brutal home loss to the Lions. If only the Cowboys had a defensive line that could capitalize on this situation…
Realistically this looks like a mismatch of epic proportions when the Cowboys defense, fresh off a seven-sack performance, is on the field. Similar to the first game of the day, this is another spot where I am going to aggressively limit my Captain pool as I’m not sure there is anyone on the Giants’ side that scares me from a ceiling perspective in this matchup.
As usual, Zeke and Pollard are both in play, and I will dive into the rules below for lineups that include both.
If making just one lineup, I think I would lean into Dak Prescott and the passing game just from a regression standpoint with how frequently the Cowboys have been scoring touchdowns on the ground lately.
Lineup Optimizer Rules to Consider
- Max 3 players vs. opposing Defense
- Minimum salary cap 90%
- Pair Captain Dak Prescott with at least two Cowboys pass-catchers
- Pair Captain Daniel Jones with at least one Giants pass-catcher
- Max one of CeeDee Lamb, Michael Gallup, and Dalton Schultz in lineups with both Dallas running backs
- Decrease Dak by 15% in lineups with both DAL running backs
- Increase Dallas Defense by 10% in lineups with both DALrunning backs
- Pair Captain pass-catchers with at most one other pass-catcher from the same team
- Max two kickers and defenses.
- Max one Jake Ferguson and Peyton Hendershot
- Max one Isaiah Hodgins and Kenny Golladay
- Max one Lawrence Cager and Tanner Hudson
Captain Pool (from highest to lowest priority)
- Tony Pollard
- CeeDee Lamb
- Ezekiel Elliot
- Dak Prescott
- Dallas Defense
- Saquon Barkley
Large-Field GPP Fliers
- Dalton Schultz
- Michael Gallup
- Daniel Jones