We are excited to announce the release of our new NBA Scenarios tool today!
This new feature will allow you to create custom projections sets that factor in whether you expect certain key players to be in or out of the lineup each slate. For example, if our default projections assume Paul George will play, but you’d like to create a projection set that assumes he won’t play, it is now possible to create a custom projection set that includes the Clippers’ projections without George.
The projections will then reflect updated playing time, usage and more for the players expected to see the court more in George’s absence.
Here’s how it works:
- When you click on the “Manage Projections” button in Player Models then open the rightmost tab labeled “Scenarios”, you’ll see a list outlining the slate’s key injury situations, similar to the image above.
- The In/Out switch to the right of each player’s name shows the assumption our default projections are making. For example, if LeBron James’ status is set to “Out”, that means our base projections assume he will not play.
- Create your conditional projection set by toggling the “In/Out” switch next to each player’s name to match your expectations for how the slate will play out.
- Click “Create Set” to load the new conditional set into models. Certain players will have their projections increased or decreased depending on the statuses you’ve set in the “Scenarios” tab. For example, if you’ve created a scenario that assumes LeBron James will not play, when you load the conditional set, you’ll see that several of his teammates will have increased projections based on the playing time and usage opportunities that will be available without James.
- That’s it! Your conditional set will function the same way as any other projection set, meaning you can optimize lineups using the conditional set, setup player rules, and manage exposure levels.
- Note: Conditional projections are currently only available for FantasyLabs’ base projection sets. Projection sets purchased through our marketplace or through our partners are not yet set up with this functionality.
Our hope is that this new tool will help you respond more efficiently to key injury news that breaks throughout the day by laying out the conditional scenarios in advance. To learn more about our Scenarios tool, check out this brief video: