Kerryon Johnson is reportedly week-to-week with a sprained knee. The stud rookie running back had taken over the Lions’ backfield duties, so his potential absence will open up plenty of opportunity for LeGarrette Blount, Theo Riddick and even Zach Zenner against the Bears on Thanksgiving.
None of the aforementioned backs are set up particularly well against the Bears’ defense, which leads the NFL in DVOA. The Lions managed just 305 total yards of offense during their Week 10 loss to the Bears in Chicago, and that was with the services of both Johnson and Marvin Jones (knee, questionable).
Another offense running short on healthy talent is the Titans. They’re hopeful that Marcus Mariota (elbow) will be able to suit up Sunday vs. the Texans. Backup Blaine Gabbert has failed to throw for more than 120 yards this season in three games with at least 15 pass attempts.
Some other key injury notes from around the league:
- A.J. Green (toe) reportedly progressed in his recovery last week and has a real shot at suiting up Sunday vs. the Browns.
- The Falcons could certainly use the services of secondary starters Damontae Kazee (shoulder) and Desmond Trufant, along with stud linebacker Deion Jones (foot), for their Thanksgiving night battle with the Saints.
- Ravens head coach Jim Harbaugh said it will be tough for Joe Flacco (hip) to suit up Sunday against the Raiders. Lamar Jackson SZN is expected to live on for at least another week.
- Josh Allen is on track to start for the Bills’ Week 12 matchup against the Jaguars for the first time since Week 6.
- The Chargers have lost starting linebacker Denzel Perryman (knee, IR) and defensive tackle Corey Liuget (quad, IR) to season-ending injuries in consecutive weeks and the timing couldn’t be worse. Up next: Cardinals running back David Johnson.
- The Dolphins continue to keep their injury news close to the vest. Both Ryan Tannehill (shoulder) and DeVante Parker (shoulder) should be considered questionable for Sunday, while Kenyan Drake (shoulder) also isn’t 100%.
- The potential absence of O.J. Howard (ankle) would lead to an enhanced role for Jameis Winston for the Bucs’ Week 12 matchup against the 49ers.
- Adam Schefter has reported that the Patriots are expecting Rob Gronkowski (back) to return for the team’s matchup against the Jets.
- The Eagles secondary is dealing with injuries to cornerbacks Avonte Maddox (leg), Rasul Douglas (knee), Sidney Jones (hamstring) and Jalen Mills (foot). Cornerback Ronald Darby (knee, IR) is already done for the season. Good luck covering Odell Beckham Jr.
- Alex Smith (broken leg) will miss the remainder of the season. Colt McCoy will be under center against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. McCoy’s last win in the NFL … was against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving back in 2014.
We’ll be tracking injuries and suspensions for every starter and fantasy-relevant player below, with updates until kickoff.
Daily practice participation will be included to give a clear idea of how healthy a player truly is. Official injury designations will be added once they are available, but the FantasyLabs Status will be updated throughout the week.
NFL Week 12 Fantasy Football Injuries
- DNP = Did Not Practice
- LP = Limited Practice
- FP = Full Practice
Fantasy Football Injury News
Pictured above: Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota (8)
Credit: Trevor Ruszkowski-USA TODAY Sports