The Jaguars have gone back and forth on their explanation of why Leonard Fournette only received 14 touches and played just 27-of-52 (52%) snaps in their Week 15 loss to the Redskins.
First, Fournette explained that “the game plan coming in” was to get rookie David Williams more snaps at running back, but head coach Doug Marrone told reporters on Monday that Fournette would be limited in practice this week with a foot injury.
Even in a potential smash spot against the Dolphins this week, it’s tough to get behind Fournette with his uncertain injury situation. Also, the Jaguars have scored just 28 total points over their past 12 quarters with Cody Kessler.
Some other key injury notes from around the league:
- Bills running back Marcus Murphy dislocated an elbow this past Sunday. LeSean McCoy (hamstring) and Chris Ivory (shoulder) didn’t play in Week 15, so the next man up is undrafted rookie Keith Ford.
- The Falcons placed Ito Smith (knee) on Injured Reserve. This could position Tevin Coleman for a featured role in Week 16, but backup Brian Hill figures to see plenty of work as well against the Panthers’ sturdy run defense.
- Confirmed starters under center include Josh Rosen for the Cardinals, Nick Foles for the Eagles and Eli Manning for the Giants.
- Melvin Gordon (knee) seems to have a better chance of suiting up on Saturday compared to Austin Ekeler, who remains in the concussion protocol.
- Spencer Ware (hamstring) is still considered day-to-day, so Damien Williams could once again work as the Chiefs featured running back against the Seahawks.
- Randall Cobb will start off the week in the concussion protocol. His absence would elevate Marquez Valdes-Scantling into 3-WR sets alongside Equanimeous St. Brown and Davante Adams.
- The Giants are “hopeful” that Odell Beckham Jr. (quad) will return in Week 16, as head coach Pat Shurmur said OBJ’s quad is improving. Evan Engram (24% target share), Sterling Shepard (21.5%) and Saquon Barkley (21.5%) have each seen boosts in target share during Beckham’s absence over the past two weeks.
- Frank Gore (foot) isn’t expected to play again this season. Kenyan Drake and Kalen Ballage are expected to form a two-back committee against the Jaguars. Drake out-snapped Ballage 28 to 26 this past Sunday, but Ballage out-touched Drake 13 to four.
- Tyler Boyd has been diagnosed with a sprained MCL and tentatively isn’t expected to suit up against the Browns. His absence would lead to John Ross, Cody Core and Alex Erickson in 3-WR sets.
- Keenan Allen (hip) reportedly has a legitimate chance to suit up in Week 16. Mike Williams (nine targets) and Tyrell Williams (12) each received season-high targets in Week 15 when Allen was sidelined for most of the game.
- Packers running back Aaron Jones reportedly suffered a sprained MCL this past week and should be considered questionable for Sunday’s matchup at the Jets. Jamaal Williams has received 19, 15, 25, 22 and 21 touches in his past five games with Jones sidelined.
- Todd Gurley (knee) was briefly forced out of action Sunday, but he returned to the game and is tentatively expected to suit up this week.
We’ll be tracking injuries and suspensions for every starter and fantasy-relevant player below, with updates until kickoff.
Daily practice participation will be included to give a clear idea of how healthy a player truly is. Official injury designations will be added once they are available, but the FantasyLabs Status will be updated throughout the week.
NFL Week 16 Fantasy Football Injuries
- DNP = Did Not Practice
- LP = Limited Practice
- FP = Full Practice